Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tortilla Chips

Don't have tortilla chips for your chicken tortilla soup?  Make your own!  To make one serving, all you need is one tortilla (wheat, flour, or corn), some Olive Oil PAM, and salt (I prefer sea salt, but whatever is in your cabinet is fine).  Feel free to spice up your homemade chips with lime juice (before baking) or sprinkling some chili powder on top.

Serve these homemade munchies with your favorite soup or dip, or simply eat them by themselves! I love making my own chips because anytime I buy a bag of tortilla chips they usually go stale before I can eat them all.  This way, I have the proper quantity and they taste great!

Here's what you do:
1.) Gather your ingredients and preheat your toaster oven to 375 degrees (you can use your big oven as well).


2.) Cut the tortilla in half.


3.) Take those two halves and put them on top of each other, then cut the tortilla halves into four pieces.


4.) Spread out the tortilla chips and spray both sides with PAM.  Sprinkle with salt and put them on a cookie sheet. Side note- I just lay the slices directly on the rack in my toaster oven since I do not have a tiny baking sheet.


5.) Bake for 10-15 minutes (or until cooked to your desired brown-ness), flipping after 5 minutes. IMPORTANT: Do not walk far away from your chips as they burn very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment