Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Resolutions



I cannot believe how another year has flown by!  I remember back in October thinking how crazy it was that I had been at my job for a year, and now it has been a year since I graduated graduate school.  I feel that I have learned a lot over this past year of transitioning from the world of academia to career. However, there is always room for growth and improvement, right?

I have made a few resolutions for 2011 (below are 2 of the many others in my head):
  1. Run a 5K by April
  2. Learn to cook at least one gourmet meal a month
I actually hung a few colorful notecards in my bathroom to remind me of these resolutions & goals.  The second one especially important as I have come to realize that DC is a city that goes out to socialize.  I am sure that DC's social culture is inexpensive compared to New York or LA, but any time I talk to friends about doing something, money is usually involved.  After I graduated, I tried to host more small dinner parties to save money, but I really want to kick it up a notch in 2011.  I am not sure what I mean by "gourmet meal" at this point.  I think I would like to cook foods from different cultures and countries to really challenge myself in the kitchen.

So, where to start?  Well, for my first resolution, I have started to train using the Couch to 5k Challenge (which I HIGHLY suggest for those starting to run). For my second, I have been researching some awesome gourmet meals to try my hand at, but I would love suggestions.  Who knows, for those of you who live in DC, I may just make the meal for you too!

Just remember that it's not the resolutions you set that are significant, but the ones you finish.  Good luck making and succeeding at your New Year's Resolutions in 2011.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment