Friday, May 27, 2011

Traveling Like a Pro

So I am about to take my first vacation since being in graduate school....how long has that been you ask? Almost 3 years! Wow, that is just terrible....but now I'm booking my flights, scoping out local restaurants, consulting my Seattle friends for advice (I just love living in a city where no one is "from" that city!), and I have to say that I am getting super pumped for my first vacation.

This marks not only my first vacation in 3 years, but also my first vacation traveling alone. That sounded a bit more melodramatic than I had planed, but it's true. I've taken family vacations, gone to weddings with friends, and even taken trips with a "team" to rebuild homes in New Orleans, but I've never taken a trip alone.

I will be try to post on my travels (and good Seattle eateries!) while I endeavor not to break the bank during my vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for restaurants or cafes to eat at, or fun/free stuff to do in Seattle?

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to Seattle, but I'm so excited you get to go on a vacation! You deserve it, girl. Have a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete