Monday, December 20, 2010

DC Restaurant Week Announced!!!

I received the "Save the Date" email from OpenTable today regarding DC's Restaurant Week.  I was brimming with anticipation as I eagerly opened the email.  I scrolled through the email to see that the 2011 winter restaurant week is January 17th-23rd.


Why am I so excited?  Restaurant week is the best time to check out restaurants you would love visit but have not due to price.  Participating restaurants offer a multi-course, pre-fixe meal that is $20.11 for lunch and $35.11 for dinner.  This is a gourmet-food-lover's dream as you enjoy anywhere from three to five courses. You have to be very careful, though, because if you are not careful you will spend more during restaurant week than you would normally allow yourself, which ruins it's purpose. 

Here are some tips to follow during Restaurant Week:
  1. Choose a place where an entree costs more than the restaurant week price.  If you are not saving money, you should visit on a normal day.
  2. Make a reservation!  The wait can be twice as long during restaurant week, which can hinder the full gourmet experience. Plan ahead and use services like OpenTable to make your reservation.
  3. Try something new.  This is the best time to try a new cuisine or go to a different neighborhood of DC. DC has a growing restaurant scene and you can use this opportunity to discover it fairly inexpensively.
  4. Do not go the same place you went last year.  This is especially tempting for me as I really enjoyed Jaleo's restaurant week menu last year.  But if I can do it, so can you!
  5. Want more than 3 courses? Go to a restaurant that specializes in small plates as they are more likely to offer more courses and variety.
Of course I will review the restaurant(s) I visit so be on the look out in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment