Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Graduate Gourmet Tip: Share or Save

When you are trying to enjoy a gourmet experience in an expensive town like DC, it is important to not only choose a place that will be worth the cost, but also remember to "Share or Save".

Share-  Food portions are HUGE at most restaurants.  Instead of trying to eat the whole portion in one sitting, share several dishes "family style"with a friend or two.  This way, you get the chance to try multiple entrees without busting the bank.  You may also have room in your stomach (& wallet) for dessert!

Save- This may sound like common sense, but save half of your entree to be boxed up for later.  A lot of us grew up with parents telling us to clean our plate, but don't you think you make your mom proud when you stretch your one meal into two?

2 comments:

  1. Truth. I try to get Joshua to share with me all the time. It's hard to convince him when he's in meaty mood (and, as you know, I am NEVER in a meaty mood), but we do always save!

    In other news, I have a funny story. In my quest to follow your blog, I made a mistake and accidentally starting following my own. How in love with myself am I? Seriously. I fixed it, though.

    I'm so excited for you and this blog, Jess! It's going to make it a lot harder for me to stop fantasizing about moving to DC, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That settles it, you need to move to DC and share food with me!

    ReplyDelete